Coffee beans are imported, roasted, ground, and brewed in coffee shops and at home. Tiong Bahru Coffee beans bring you a high-quality freshly roasted coffee bean.
Coffee beans’ life span is determined by whether they are green or fried, ground or whole, and, of course, storage conditions. When you buy tiong bahru coffee bean, you can be assured of their consistency and freshness when brewing a cup of coffee. The best way to store and keep your coffee beans fresh is assessed by how soon you want to use them. Coffee is hygroscopic, which means it absorbs moisture, odors, and flavors from the air it is exposed to. It’s critical to keep coffee beans away from sun, light, air, and moisture to preserve the fresh roast flavor.
Coffee Beans: How Long Do They Last?
It’s safe to brew coffee after the expiration date if the beans haven’t been exposed to excessive humidity, high temperatures, or direct sunlight.
- Roasted coffee beans usually last for two weeks after roasted. If you hold them in an airtight, opaque jar, you can prolong the duration.
- Roasted whole beans have a shelf life of 3 to 5 months if sealed in a vacuum-packed jar.
- Whole coffee bean fresh for 12 months after roasting if stored in an unopened one-way valve nitrogen-flushed bag.
- You can increase the shelf life of roasted coffee by up to three years by properly freezing it.
- Ground coffee loses a significant portion of its flavor in just 15 minutes when exposed to oxygen.
- Ground roasted coffee can last for around 2 to 4 months if stored in an unopened bag.